Wednesday, November 16, 2011

These are the days of "My" life

 We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”– Jawaharial Nehru

Family! Friends! My eyes have been very open the past six months, more than ever before in my life. I feel so blessed to have had and continue to have this opportunity to experience so many wonderful adventures and to have meet so many incredible people along the way! Thanks to all that have continued to support me with email, letters, facebook messages and Skype. I hope you know how happy it makes me to hear from all of you! I love and miss you sooo much!

So... I have done a ton since the last post. So much craziness! Forgive me for not updating this blog of mine, sorry! 

                                                           


The Grand Palace


Let's start from the top... Thailand, ABSOLUTELY incredible! The first week in Bangkok  was really nice and very relaxing! Many of us ventured around the city to see the beautiful temples located right around our hotel. The Grand Palace was by far my very favorite! I loved the traditional structure, detail and beauty!   

                                                                                 
At many of these temples a dress code is required. They provided us with wraps(long skirts) to fulfill the required code. Mine was so beautiful I wanted to take it home! 
Later that week about ten of us went on a day tour to the Floating Market, 
Floating Market
an elephant camp, the Tiger Temple, and a WWII museum! It was such an eventful day with tons of pictures taken. My favorite part, of course, was the Tiger Temple! 
Tiger Temple
There I was able to watch tigers run and play as well as pet them and take pictures with them! It was so fun! I  don't think I will ever be satisfied with a normal zoo again hahaha! That day I saw and touched more wild animals than I have ever seen before in my life! It was AWESOME! 

The next week in Bangkok went well with all the shows and learning the show in Thai. Actually that was hard! Strangely enough I kept singing the songs in Chinese instead of Thai. Never thought that would be a default language of mine...hahaha... weird! We performed about eleven shows and all went well!
 

Week three was absolutely AMAAAZINGGGG!  I took a side trip to Chiangmai, Thailand which is way up north in the jungles of the country! I packed only a backpack with limited clothes and things I really needed, like TP! The first day we arrived we stayed at a cute little backpackers inn and ventured around Chiangmai a little. The next morning we woke up and headed out for the Jungle Trek! 
Our tour guides name was "Jungle King" or "Simmons" so we called him a mix of the two... "Jungle Simmon". 
Jungle Simmon
He was quite the character, leading us through the jungle with his machete in hand! Through out the three days we hiked a ton in the amazing jungle, showered in waterfalls, rode elephants, ate amazing food prepared by the locals, rode on bamboo rafts, and made friends with other backpackers! The trip was amazing... Minus my really badly sprained ankle ;(

I love elephants!



The last week in Bangkok was again very chill. I had some much need down time to rest and ice my ankle.(its great now) I really love Thailand! 

Next I headed back to Singapore! This was such a blessing because I was able to meet back up with my special friends that I made there before! The shows went great in the amazing Marina Bay Sands Theater, so beautiful! The week following our shows I hung out with my Singaporean buddies. I was able to go on a few dates, laughed a lot, eat great food, including kangaroo and crocodile! 
Wong Wei and I 
I was also able to go to church again. Oh my, I sooo needed this! I love the ward so much and hope that someday I will be able to see them all again! I am so grateful for the friendships I made in Singapore. I love them all so much! I LOVE SINGAPORE!

Sorry this is such a long post... So much to tell so little time and space! 


Now I am here in Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm just not too sure about this place. Not very welcoming to Americans, let alone women! I plan on staying in the hotel, not doing much. I am grateful for the internet to keep me entertained.  ("...I have also found one of the best Internet people ever during my time out here..." haha ;)) NOW IS THE TIME TO MESSAGE, EMAIL OR SKYPE ME! I will only be here for four or five more days and I pray they go bye quickly. Then I can move to the next city here in Indonesia! Cross your fingers that it will be more welcoming...please. :-)

I hope you are all well. I love and miss you so, so much!


Love your Disney Friend :)
 
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Such great experiences! You look wonderful and so happy. We miss you and wish your tour was taking you closer to us! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep posting! Love to hear about all your adventures. I want to see pics from your trip to Lombok!

    ReplyDelete