Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Summer is around the corner!

Winter semester is almost over! Today is my last day, one final left tonight and it shouldn't be so bad! It will feel so great to be done with yet another semester of college! Austin and I are so excited to hang out and enjoy summer this year. We don't have much planned but we love begin able to spend time outside on our bikes or hang out with great friends! We might take a couple trips home to see our families too! 

So this past Sunday was so awesome, one of my favorite Sunday's I think that I have had here in my ward. I am currently the Primary President of my ward and I love this calling so much! If you are not familiar with this... basically I get to be with all of the babies of the ward 16 months old to 4 years old and teach them about the gospel! This Sunday was especially special because it was Easter. I had Austin come and assist me along with my counselor and her husband (the husbands were so excited to be in there and playing plus they got to have snack time with the kids... perks of being in primary). So we played with the kids for a bit then we had a short lesson about what Easter is all about. The only way the kids would listen to the lesson was if they had their fake play phone and we acted like we were talking on the phone with them... Hilarious really! After the lesson one of the little girls actually said, "ok I have to go now, I have to make a call!" So she pretended to dial another number and this is what she said, "Hello Jesus, hi it's Miley! How are you?" This was so cute. We asked her if that was how she usually talked to Jesus. We tried to teach her that actually it is that simple, if we ever need to talk to Jesus or our Heavenly Father we can just say a little prayer.
I am always learning from my little ones in primary!
So after our lesson is was snake time... I was so excited for this part of primary.
I had the husbands go hide eggs in the front yard of the church building. Inside the eggs I put goldfishes for them to snack on once they found all of the eggs!

 ~they had a blast~
 ~the sun was really bright~
 ~she wasn't too sure about the egg~
 ~snack time~
 ~what did you find in your egg~
 ~counting how many eggs each has found~
~my hubby helping me with the little ones~

Fun pictures, huh!! I really love my little primary kids! Sometimes it makes me so excited for when Austin and I will start our little family! 

So on a new note. I will be getting surgery tomorrow... my first surgery ever! Wish me luck! I will be getting a bone removed from my right foot because it has been in there broken for over a year and now its completely dead and just a PAIN! I am a bit nervous but I know all will be fine because I will get a blessing tonight from my husband, grateful for the Priesthood! I will be done for a little bit so I am sure I will be posting again. I will be tracking my progress via the blog! 
Have a Happy Week!

~Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment