Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time is interesting...

I can hardly believe that my BEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD has been serving a mission for SIX MONTHS now! WOW time flys... I never thought that this day would come and now it is finally here...HURRAY! I am so proud of my Elder Austin Neal Page and especially grateful for his example to me! I have learned so much from him! I can hardly expression how thankful I am to missionaries like Elder Page, they are out teaching the gospel and serving others all around the world... how incredible is that! It has been really fun to know so many friends that are either on missions or planning on leaving soon to go and serve the Lord. I recently put up a map in my room and tagged all the places of where my friends will/ are serving missions... they are everywhere from Greece to Argentina to New York City...
The gospel is finally being spread all across the world for all to hear and to know of it's truthfulness! I am so extremely grateful to all of the missionaries that I know and do not know... what a difficult task they have on their hands for two years but what FABULOUS and REWARDING blessing they will get by completely loosing themselves in service for our Lord and Savior. I really do have a strong desire to one day serve a mission whether it be when I am 21 years old and serve as a single sister or when I am in my 50's and serve with my future loving eternal companion... or maybe I will have the opportunity to do both... we will see what life brings Ashley here in the next couple of years. As for now I am just at home, in Eagle CO, waiting to start some jobs I have lined up so that I can get some good money to hopefully be able to use for a study abroad program next Spring 2012!!

The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."
~Joseph Smith


  • How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that publisheth salvation, Isa. 52:7




  • I will both search my sheep and seek them out, Ezek. 34:11




  • Preach the gospel to every creature, Mark 16:15 (Morm. 9:22).




  • The fields are white already to harvest, John 4:35




  • And how shall they preach, except they be sent, Rom. 10:15




  • Teach them the word of God with all diligence, Jacob 1:19




  • The Lord grants unto all nations to teach his word, Alma 29:8




  • The gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple, D&C 1:23




  • A marvelous work is about to come forth, D&C 4:1




  • If you labor all your days and bring one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy, D&C 18:15




  • Mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts, D&C 29:7



  • 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment