Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Whole New World...

This Tuesday I receive a phone call that was very very VERY EXCITING... but I shall start from the beginning! On February 5th I auditioned for Disney Live, which is the same company as Disney on Ice just instead it is on LAND! Well the audition was probably one of the most fun and one of the best auditions that I had ever been to! The casting director told all of the auditionees that she would keeping our audition on file for at most a full year and then shred it once the year mark at arrived if they had not chosen us to go on tour. Well guys... they called on Tuesday morning... I had almost forgotten that I had even auditioned for it!
So you probably want to know all of the details... well here it goes...

I will be dancing PROFESSIONALLY with DISNEY LIVE!!
I will be leaving June 23... YES that is next month!
I am on contract with Disney Live for 14 months... YES that is 1 year and 2 months!
I will not return till August 26, 2012!
I will be part of a 15 member cast along with two managers and the casting director!
I will be one of the back-up dancers and also will be an understudy for Mini Mouse, Ariel, and Jasmin!!
All the transportation, checking baggage, hotels (minus a few), visa, and some food with be paid for by the company!
The tour is international... YES this means I will be traveling outside of the United States... ready to know where the tour will be going...
China, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Australia, Japan, Indonesia, and Taiwan!!
I can not wait to travel so much of Asia! What an experienced I have been blessed with!!

So since I will be gone for a little while I have made sure that I will be able to return to BYU by taking off this Fall semester and then registering for an Independent Study Course in January which will give me a full year to complete it while keeping my status as a student. Time is very interesting and it is so amazing how things don't happen for a reason and how other things do happen for a reason.

I am very very excited for this TRIP... I still can not believe that it is really going to happen! My dreams are all coming true... dancing, traveling and growing in so many ways! Thank you everyone for being such AMAZING supports! I will miss you all so much! I will try to keep this blog updated with my travels but it may be difficult due to the locations I will be in!

I am so grateful for this opportunity! It truly will be amazing!
Any questions?

9 comments:

  1. Very Very proud of you little lady!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you so didn't clear this with us!! I'm very excited for you I just didn't realize you were leaving so soon! What an exciting experience for you! You'll have to give us your itinerary. Dano will be in Asia off and on. You never know when he can catch up to you. I'm so sad we're going to miss you in July! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very awesome!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley! You never told me about trying out! And you were sad about not making it into the Cougarettes--I guess we know why now! I will miss seeing your face and I'm sad there's not even a chance to have you in class this Fall, but that is super exciting! There's only one problem: Those are Asian countries, not hispanohablante ones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash! I am SO excited for you!! You will do awesome, sounds like such the perfect thing for you. I can't wait to hear about all the fun you will have and all the things you will get to experience! I'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley!!! THAT IS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Ashley! That is so great! Hope you have a great time! I'll miss seeing you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley!!!! That is so exciting! This will be such an adventure for you! Congrats! What a great way to see the world!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited for you! This is the most amazing opportunity EVER! Have fun-soak it all up! You are incredible!

    love love love miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete